.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Corrinne May - Something About You

There's something in your eyes
something in your smile
something in the way you move me

Happy happy joy joy! Not that there's really anything to be happy about, but as long as there's nothing to be depressed about, may as well try to be happy. The sun's been shining, the skies are clear enough for me to see the stars... hmmm.... pathetic fallacy ><

I had my first blood test today. It's quite interesting watching the little tubes fill up until you realise it's your blood and then fascination turns to "holy s*it! i'm bleeding to death!". Because i had the test at about 9 in the morning, my brain wasn't quite switched on so i didn't really feel anything. Unfortunately, my brain does switch itself on every day at about 10-ish (except for Sunday) and my arm's been hurting like hell since then.

Progress on my english major work has pretty much come to a halt as inspiration runs dry. I can't seem to concentrate on anything and I often find myself day dreaming. Theoretically day dreaming would provide me with some ideas for the premises of a short story right? Unfortunately for me, I'm having the same recurring day dream which always seems to end with me standing alone somewhere. Isn't it funny how your conscious thoughts and emotions(loneliness and isolation) can become manifestations in your subconscious?

Although the dream always ends with me isolated, a feeling that i don't like, i sometimes wonder if it's better that way. Is it better to live in a superficial and cold world or is it better to live in isolation? Should i trust some and risk a life of phoniness or do i trust none and live life in loneliness? Damn life! Why are there so many questions and so few answers? WHY?!?

today's top 5: weird things about my high school
  1. The vice principal is an uptight bum. This is perfectly normal. He also doesn't blink or smile...ever... this is not normal
  2. There is a school policy providing specific height for the soles of shoes.
  3. Quoting the school playground policies, "There is to be no rumbling on school grounds"
  4. There is a water drainage point which is higher than the surrounding ground
  5. It's built on top of a swamp and is closer to Baghdad than most of the towns in Iraq

1 Comments:

  • yep, my old school started to 'unify' the height of the soles of your shoes also. i think that was right before they decided to copy some other rich posh schools uniforn in a lame attempt to make it look like we were equally as posh. or maybe it was after they decided to put up the fees so that no one could really afford to go there anymore-although this was of course only to make it more 'exclusive'.

    in terms of your short story, maybe you should write about your daydream. the one where you end up isolated. if its the only idea you have why not run with it, what's the worst that can happen?

    ~.~

    By Blogger pez, at February 08, 2005 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home