.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Friday, December 02, 2005

Jingle Hell

I just realised that I haven't posted in nearly a month (which I believe is a record for me). Nothing much to write about the last month anyway. Formal came and went. I'll deliver my usual complaints which are crap music, crap food and anti-social non-dancers. Having said that, the company was wonderful and it was a fun night (my jaw is still hurting from the forced smiling).

Last week - predominantly spent bludging, sleeping and watching cricket. Went out to Olympic Park to play volleyball only Haidang never got around to booking the courts. Ended up standing around like a dozen stooges before heading off to the city for lunch and pool.

This week - predominantly spent bludging, sleeping and jigsaw puzzling. Went to Guildford for a game of cricket. Cricket game actually went ahead because the field didn't require any booking. Took three wickets, a catch and got ducked (twice).

Yesterday - predominantly spent bludging, sleeping and jigsaw puzzling. Put up the Christmas tree, decorations and all. The little Santas hanging from the tree still creep me out immensely because the eyes make them look possessed. Quite possibly the ugliest tree we've ever had and frontrunner for the ugliest tree 2005.

Tomorrow - will predominantly be spent bludging and sleeping (anybody see a pattern here?). Parents are forcing me to attend the birthday party of their friend's kid. They've also banned me from making alternate arrangements for the day (damn the pre-emptive strike). Thinking about faking a cold/bird flu/anthrax contamination to get out of it. Failing that, I'm quite happy to take my chances with the real thing.

The tree is up, the sales have started, people are getting excessively jolly (without alcohol) and incomprehensible lists written by little kids are in the mail. It's that time of the year again. Ho ho ho...

8 Comments:

  • Yeah ALAN I'm still waiting for those poems! XD Meanwhile, I do detect a typo in this blog's title - I believe you meant Bells rather than Hell right right =D oh and you published this same blog twice haha. GO the sleeping and the bludging =]

    By Blogger εïз (c h i l l y), at December 03, 2005 6:00 PM  

  • Absolutely no typo at all. Christmas is just another over-hyped commercial opportunity. Although I appreciate the wood it adds to the economic bonfire, it still sucks. The poems... hmmmm... will get around to them eventually...

    By Blogger Yuki, at December 04, 2005 6:55 PM  

  • You imagined a jolly Alan and you laughed? I'd be fleeing in terror. As for the good luck, I'll be using it all dodging the UAI induced projectile cutlery.

    By Blogger Yuki, at December 05, 2005 9:26 PM  

  • I know what you meant.

    By Blogger Yuki, at December 08, 2005 9:35 AM  

  • Thankyou for revealing what Christmas is, I dont have the heart to criticise it and I must say this is the first year that Im really hating it. As each year passes I forgive it less and less, but now that I have a neice AND a nephew, this serious depletes the amount of presents that I recieve and so I now outright hate the holiday. (Also each year the list of presents I have to buy increases)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 09, 2005 8:36 PM  

  • No kidding. I'm not even getting more people to buy presents for, just an increasingly demanding brother. I've still got over 3 months of vacation and I'm down to my last $150 (excluding the funds on my keycard)

    By Blogger Yuki, at December 11, 2005 9:27 PM  

  • I was playing backyard cricket and got ducked 3 times and a couple of 6-and-outs, but it's still fun.

    alyssa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 13, 2005 4:17 PM  

  • Yeah... nothing feels quite as good as belting the ball out onto the street from your own backyard...

    By Blogger Yuki, at December 15, 2005 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home