.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Saturday, September 24, 2005

To Friends...

Yesterday was the last day we'll ever have to wake up in the morning, wonder what we should wear and realise that we really have no say in the matter. The last day we'll ever sit around in a classroom pretending to do work when all we're really doing is getting frustrated at the crossword. I've spent six years bagging out Sefton at every opportunity and now that we can finally leave it all behind, I've found something about it that's not so bad. My friends have always been there to back me up, no matter how crazy my ambitions were. They've been there to celebrate my successes and to comfort me in times of distress. You guys all kick ass harder than any superhero ever created and I'll always be there for you because I know you'll be there for me. Much love.

The graduation ceremony went surprisingly well. I remember last year's year twelves went out in tears, but not our grade. We hardly cried a single tear. Not ecause we're all cold, heartless bums, but because we knew that we'd see each other again, far too many times. You'd figure that on our very last day at school, they might get it all done properly. Alas, 'tis too much to ask from Sefton. Quoting from the graduation certificates that we received, we all "graduated on the 23rd november, 2005". It'd be lovely if yesterday was the 23rd of november because that would mean my exams would all be over.

After the rather dry affair that was our final role call, a few of us (pronounced "large mob") crashed the nearby bowling alley for a few hours. I tell you, I have never played a worse or a better game of bowling than I did yesterday. First game score: 54 ><. Second game score: 108 ^^ (a new record for me). But the best part of it all was that I kicked arse with my friends as witness and because I'll be seeing you guys around till death do us part, I'm never going to let any of you forget it, so there!

After that, it was time to head back to the school for the luncheon. The food looked great. But that's about where the goodness ended. The cordial tasted like what I imagine diluted urine would taste like, the roast beef tasted like foam and would have made more suitable plates than the crappy foam things we got. Dessert provided saving grace for the catering company. Mmmmmm... chocolate cake.... And to top it all off, our beloved year advisor bought us a jumbo cake to celebrate his finally getting rid of us (even though he said it was because we were a "relatively untroublesome bunch"). By the way, if you heard a hell of a lot of balloons popping, that was Keagan and myself getting rather bored and sick of the crappola music.

After that, a quick train trip (the trains were on time, believe it or not) to Cabramatta to pick up Ansel and then onto a bus to my place to grab some stuff for the party. That's right, it's not just a party, it was the party to end all parties because the hosts (Mary, Phoebe and myself) rock! Having said that, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without everybody that attended. Thanks for rocking the house, burning up the dance floor and remaining generally well behaved. And a particularly huge thanks to Ace, Xing, William, Melissa, Minh, Thuy, Ansel, Sarah, Merlin, Likan, Mary's family and Mandy (in order of importance =P. Mandy and Ace will get the joke) for getting there early to help set up and prepare the food (which, incidentally, hardly anybody ate) and for helping us clean the place up afterwards. You guys are the best and if you ever have parties, I'd be more than happy to be your slave for a few hours. Thanks also to Vatche for bartending the entire night and making sure that we all stayed (mostly) sober. The music wasn't exactly to my taste (rnb = run n' barf) but I was far too happy (and/or drunk) to care and 'danced' the night away (as I do at most parties).

Happy birthday to Phoebe (who shares the same b'day as me), Mai (who also shares the same b'day), Mary (who turns eighteen in a few days and because she's just Mary) and to Amelia from Singapore (who will be turning eighteen tomorrow). Oh, and happy birthday to me as well =P.

I guess that's all I have to say for now. This may be my last post for a while, assuming my plans to 'study' for the HSC actually go ahead. Admittedly, I'm rather skeptical about that actually happening, but just in case it does: GOOD LUCK CLASS OF '05!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home