.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Monday, November 07, 2005

It's finally over!

Well, well, well... now that the journey is over (readers: AARRGGHH! He used the 'j' word!) I get a well deserved (but certainly not earned) holiday. Mmmmmmm... nineteen weeks to do as I please.

Which begs the question, what the hell am I going to do in nineteen weeks? I've had a few suggestions tossed my way by my parents. Get your L's (sounds like work), start studying for uni (for a course you don't know if you've gotten into), clean your room/study (sounds like work and I happen to like organised anarchy), get a job (definitely sounds like work) etc. As you can see all of the options brought up so far have some sort of practical bearing which would absolutely defeat the purpose of the longest vacation I'm likely to ever have before retirement. The things I have planned would read more like this: whip my sorry ass into shape, go check out a few (dozen) movies, play games until my eyes bleed, super long Monopoly games, a huge jigsaw, finish a book (or two) worth of sudoku puzzles, bum around the beach, write some long overdue poetry and just bumming around in general. Notice the difference?

If you're going out, I'm happy to keep company. After all, nineteen weeks is a damn long time to spend in your own company.

Anyway, complimentary 'good luck' to anybody who still has exams and I hope to see you all on the greener side of the pasture.

8 Comments:

  • My eyes are already bleeding, and I've only played two days worth of video games. I must find something else to do. Walking the dog is making me fit. I hate being fit, all of those calories I've invested throughout the year are wasting away. I'd go out with friends, except the majority are still studying. I don't think I can go out with my friends who've finished their exams because of my scary eyes haha, better lay off the games...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 08, 2005 12:03 AM  

  • Sound like good plans. One thing i left out of my 'to do' list; get a girlfriend! =P

    By Blogger Yuki, at November 08, 2005 2:30 PM  

  • or a boyfriend for that matter =p

    By Blogger lemon tree, at November 09, 2005 4:35 PM  

  • is martin gay now?
    wow im so out of the loop.

    happy man-hunting!! you should have planned ahead and arranged to pick up on graduation day. that's what the rest of us did.

    silly you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 09, 2005 7:39 PM  

  • Picking up on graduation day eh? Well, it was sort of an after thought.

    By Blogger Yuki, at November 09, 2005 10:55 PM  

  • I think I'll send an invitation out to all my cynical friends and invite them over for a tea party.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 10, 2005 10:22 PM  

  • Oh please, picking up on graduation day just isn't right. People are so vulnerable, and all they can think about is missing their friends. It's just as bad as picking up on formal night. Damn I just gave you all an idea...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 12, 2005 11:28 PM  

  • Come on, thuy! You know I have a bit more tact than that.

    By Blogger Yuki, at November 13, 2005 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home