.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Friday, June 03, 2005

Revenge of the donuts in snooker land

Today was the msot interesting day I've had in a while. I had a free period last with Thuy-An, Lawrence and Albie. We all hopped into Thuy's car (a quaint old Ford laser) because we were too damn lazy to walk and because she was the only one with her P's (I haven't even got my L's yet, don't see why I'd want to drive). After dropping Albie off at home we decided that we had a craving for some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (I blame the Americans for the questionable spelling). Most people who know me will know that my sense of direction is terrible. I'm the kind of person who would accidentally lead whales onto beaches. We got a little bit lost (alright, we got totally lost) but we did end up working out where we were supposed to go.

Thuy would make as good a taxi driver as I'd make a navigator. Lawrence and I were giving her directions which she couldn't hear because we had the windows turned all the way down (you should have seen my hair!). Lawrences solution to the problem? Start yelling out directions like a lunatic. I honestly thoguht he was possessed and that we were going to hit something because he sounded like he was about to vomit out his intestines. We got to Krispy Kreme in one piece (minus hearing thanks to Lawrence) and we bought ourseves some donuts. Two dozen of them, in fact. Plus the two free samples we got each. Mmmmmmmm.. diabetes inducing goodness...

By the time we got to Cabramatta there were about 15 donuts left (Lawrence took his share and nicked off). We ran into Ansel who also had a free period and is part of our debating prac. crew. Picture this: the three of us sitting outside the front of Cabramatta library with an entire box of donuts. It was the kind of thing you'd expect to see on some HK street. Then Chanly turned up and suggested we go play pool at some weird nut arcade called 'Timegone'. It was just past three at this stage and our debating practice didn't start until 4.

If you ever want to play pool, DO NOT PLAY AT TIMEGONE! They have the shoddiest pool equipment in the known universe. Most bananas are straighter than the cues and the table was an odd sloped disaster. The ball actually curved whe you shot it down to one of the ends. For all the people who have seen 'The Castle', it's very much like that. Not to mention the incredibly dodgy placement of the table which meant we could have easily rammed the cues through the (non-functioning) screens behind us. Half way through our second game Chanly disappeared with Vinson (who everybody knows for some reason) and Danny popped in. So we then had Thuy with Danny versus Ansel and myself. They won the first two games and they lost the second two. I say 'lost' because we never did sink all of our balls.

Debating started considerably later than usual (i.e. 20 minutes) because we got a little but caught up in pool. It was a terrible debate anyway. We should have played a few more games of pool.

11 Comments:

  • Those Krispy Kreme donuts hurt my teeth afterwards...and thuy and danny were so evil to grace lolz!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2005 8:38 PM  

  • Yeh, those two eat like pigs. it was almost funny though... almost...

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 03, 2005 8:50 PM  

  • Looks like I missed a good week.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2005 8:53 PM  

  • The debate was terrible. I blame it on the high sugar consumption and nauseating slope of the pool table.

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 03, 2005 9:04 PM  

  • haha "mmm... diabetes inducing goodness..."
    you met vinson aye? if it's the same one i'm thinking of, he went to chanly's primary school, and mine for that matter XD
    Dw, more debates to win i'm sure.

    By Blogger εïз (c h i l l y), at June 04, 2005 11:48 AM  

  • WOW THUY HAS HER Ps?! hahaha i didn't even know that O_O; which krispy kremes did you guys go to?! i've never been to a krispy kreme store before *hides*

    By Blogger Jenny, at June 04, 2005 7:53 PM  

  • Yup, I've met Vinson. He goes to the morning session of my tute and my english teacher can't stop talking about him. It was only a debate prac anyway and got a little bit silly (Quote myself: "lock them up without food until they come to a unanimous decision").

    *Makes mental note to bring Jenny some Krispy Kreme next time*

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 04, 2005 8:47 PM  

  • Lolz don't worry I've never been to a Kirspy Kreme store myself, not a big fan of donuts. Too sweet and too dry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 04, 2005 9:30 PM  

  • : ) Sorry Thuy-an but they taste like a cardiac arrests.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 05, 2005 6:13 PM  

  • *arrest
    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 05, 2005 6:13 PM  

  • If they taste like cardiac arrest, I'm becoming a heart surgeon.

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 05, 2005 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home