.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Dancing with Alexandra

To the lee where monarchs danced
To the melancholic waltz of crickets
Near the one fern
That was always green.

Only the Queen eluded me.
Alexandra always found a way;
A hole in the net,
A crumbling log,
A tickle of my palm.

She oft flirted with me.
She’d kiss my forehead,
Smile and wink;
But she only danced
With April winds.

I only ever used those dancing shoes once
To swat her from her throne.
The cries of my wing-clipped cupid
Broke the deafening silence
And woke me;
Screaming
Because I was never asleep.

2 Comments:

  • ooh i especially like the last two lines... in a umm morbid kind of way o.O

    By Blogger εïз (c h i l l y), at May 03, 2005 3:22 PM  

  • It's not morbid! Like almost all my poems to date, it starts on a high note and ends on a low. Nothing morbid about it (except some of the word choice, but that will be dealt with later)

    By Blogger Yuki, at May 03, 2005 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home