.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day '06

Oh, Valentines Day, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways. I hate thee to thy very lack of depth for thou hath become but another commercial holiday. I hate thee for thy width, for thou hast consumed the world with feverish idiocy. But most of all, I despise thee for thou doth make me feel the emptiness of a starless night.

Well, maybe it wasn't quite so bad this year. Everyone was still buying into the commercial occassion but no overwhelming sense of suicide inducing loneliness. Spent the day with Samantha, who is absolutely wonderful and quirky and just... yay! Thanks for making it the first v-day I've enjoyed in a very long time. I owe you a better poem than the one coming later in this post.

Activities for the day = an hour wandering around Kinokuniya + mini-golf + lunch at the Japanese restaurant across the street from the entertainment centre (forgotten the name already ><) + Brokeback Mountain + ice cream at Darling Harbour (tiramisu! ^^). Anyway, the poem...

For Samantha, who brought my muse back to me.

Oh, to be a tear!
To see the light of autumn morn
Upon cloud-reflecting lake
As I lay in glistening eye;
To hear the whispers
Of drifting sakura and falling leaf
As I fall down cherub-blushed cheek;
To taste the rapture of summer's blood
As I die upon quivering lips.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home