.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sick and Twisted Joke...

Today, my parents received a letter in the mail about my academic performance. *gulps* Fortunately for me, it was not about my extreme apathy towards certain subjects but my alleged "high level of commitment". How dare they accuse me of actually doing work! What makes it worse is that these subjects that I am supposedly dedicated to include Advanced English and Physics. Physics is a subject that I do not necessarily enjoy, but I don't hate it with a pasison either. That honour belongs to Advanced English alone.

The letter should have read, "Alan has become very adept at avoiding work whilst seeming to be a dilligent student". Now that's an accolade I can be proud of.

7 Comments:

  • My goodness they did it to you too! I wasn't too shocked about Legal, Religion or Eng Ext 1 and 2 (I won't deny my advanced skills in sucking up) but I almost had a stroke when I saw Mathematics on the list. Oh my poor teacher, she puts so much effort into me, and I still fail. She even gives me 'Happy Letters.' If this is a conspiracy to make us work harder on subjects we suck at, it's working. I suddenly have the urge to do every math past paper in the history of the HSC! Hold me to my word :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2005 9:49 PM  

  • I don't think sending letters that say "whatever it is you're doing it's working, keep up the good work" is going to inspire me to do anything when what I am doing is nothing. Sorry if that made no sense.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 03, 2005 10:09 PM  

  • It made sense, but it ends with, 'I look forward to further achievements and successes from (whoever the heck) throughout the year'. That's a reference to the HSC *scary music DUM DUM DUM* They expect us to do more! Someone tell them we are just a bunch of trained monkeys.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2005 11:00 PM  

  • Your school does that for those who perform well? Wow. Here in Hurlstone, attending the school is the first sign of restricted mental capabilities.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2005 9:48 PM  

  • Our school does all sorts of strange things in a desperate attempt to get us to do work. They've used the dictator method for the last five or so years and we've slipped from 17th to 57th. And now they're trying positive reinforcement. Anybody smart enough to get those letetrs would be smart enough to see through the plan.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 04, 2005 10:57 PM  

  • The plan? I'm oblivious, they must have sent it to me by accident haha. Anyway, they are expecting our year to put us back in the high ranks. Poor misguided souls.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 06, 2005 10:44 PM  

  • These letters suck.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 10, 2005 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home