.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Banned From Pool Room

No more Japanese speaking assessments, till by death do I depart (or until I pick Japanese as part of my arts course at uni, whichever happens first). In either case, the exam wasn't too bad and I think I went alright, definitely better than I went in my trials (not that that's all that big an achievement). I'm still deciding what the worst part of the exam was: having to travel all the way out to Kogarah (pronounced 'middle of nowhere') during USyd open day or having to wait for about 2 hours before it was my turn. On the one hand, waking up before 7 on a Saturday to sit an exam is a pain in the ass, especially when it's freezing cold. On the other, I value my nails. I don't like to chew through them all in one tediously long waiting session. Hopefully, they will have grown back by the time the HSC rocks up or I'll have to resort to chewing on my fingers.

Oh, and one other thing that really sucked about yesterday: the Galaxy World on George Street is now out of bounds until the end of the year. This is the result of my amazing ability as a pool player which I used to beat some guys who threatened to kill me if I ever show my face there again. Well, okay... so they didn't threaten to kill me... and I'm not that great at pool. Actually, the reason for my banning is my lack of ability as a pooler. For some insane reason, I made a pact with Thuy (fellow Jap compatriot and pool player) that if we lost the game to Robert (the psycho guy who thinks everything is racist and/or beasty) and Lawrence (the other psycho guy) that we'd not come back to Galaxy World for the rest of the year. It was all looking quite nice too; I just sunk three balls after being one behind, and the eight ball was the last one standing. A million thanks to my bravado, which encouraged me to blast the crap out of the ball and go out with a bang. And it was quite a bang too. The kind of bang that a cue ball makes as it sinks into the corner pocket at full speed. What can I say, I wasted all my luck on the Jap exam.

10 Comments:

  • Oh gosh, you're affected by Comment spam!!! Hope you don't blabber in Japanese when i meet you.. I absolutely adore the language but i'm a failure at mastering it.. Haha..Take care..!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 28, 2005 11:48 PM  

  • Haha, you sucker. You can't go to Galaxy World and you've been comment spammed. It's ok there's always Cabra Arcade.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2005 9:51 PM  

  • There! No more comment spam. I'm actually quite pathetic as far as blabbering away in Japanese goes. Will only ever use it while in Japan. English is the language of choice.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 29, 2005 9:52 PM  

  • That's only the galaxy world on george street. Keep in mind that there is another one at market city.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 29, 2005 9:53 PM  

  • Some day you can look back upon your Galaxy World Days the way you do re: your pre-teen music collection.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2005 10:54 PM  

  • But my pre-teen music didn't involve whacking balls with long sticks.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 29, 2005 10:58 PM  

  • If I were you I would be whacking my B*Witched CD with a big stick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 30, 2005 11:46 PM  

  • But if you were me, I'd be you. And I'd be whacking me with a big stick.

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 31, 2005 9:39 PM  

  • I say you take out the B*Witched CD first. Maybe then everybody will regain some of their sanity and will put the stick down and move away from the vehicle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 31, 2005 10:15 PM  

  • *whacks vehicle* =D

    By Blogger Yuki, at August 31, 2005 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home