.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Monday, May 08, 2006

What? Me, Worry?

You'd figure having three assignments due in three days may cause a certain degree of stress and anxiety, wouldn't you? I suppose it would and probably should. Fear and stress of not being able to complete assignments at the last minute is something I've developed an immunity to during my years at high school. Fortunately, this means that I rarely feel under pressure at any stage during exam periods (I was doing the crossword five minutes before the HSC English paper). Unfortunately, this also means that I'm still leaving things to the last minute and that my idea of 'work ethic' involves considering finding out what the question is.

So far I've completed two of the aforementioned assignments (a 2000 word philosophy essay and a 1000 word psychology essay) without too many hiccups. It's just a matter of finishing off that cursed statistics thing. Theoretically, it shouldn't take any longer than about thirty minutes. Realistically, you'd have to factor in the time it takes to complete a sudoku, find the nine letter word in the Target and solve the unisol on top of that half hour. So, it shouldn't take me much longer than an hour. ^^

My academic apathy is going to come back and bite me in the ass someday... but until then: I shall eat, drink and be merry.

7 Comments:

  • Hey I dont know if you'll be able to find it, but I'm sure you would really appreciate the book Ishmael by Danniel Quinn. My sister bought it in America and its one of those books that make you question everything. If you can find it I strongly suggest you read it. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 09, 2006 3:26 PM  

  • I'll see if I can track it down.

    By Blogger Yuki, at May 09, 2006 6:47 PM  

  • pft you've finished your psyc already? i havent even started. sif call youself a bludger

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 09, 2006 8:39 PM  

  • It was due in this morning. At 9am. Not like I had that much of a choice.

    By Blogger Yuki, at May 09, 2006 9:26 PM  

  • LoL like... DAMN Alan... DAMN Liam... No wonder you guys are friends with Desi xD I can see the commonalities xD You know all through HSC he was like soo, why are you studying? Can I use the comp instead? xD Ahh I wanna bludge too.

    By Blogger εïз (c h i l l y), at May 13, 2006 6:54 PM  

  • You call yourself a bludger? I'm with you Liam, your work was finished well before the time it was due. Shame on you. Haha, I'm glad you are enjoying uni and not stressing. Worry is wasteful I says!

    MaryJ_

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 10:43 AM  

  • you know alan....'state of fear' makes you wanna question alot of things as well :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2006 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home