.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Thursday, December 16, 2004

The end is nigh...

They put up the same lights every year, but every year i look at them and still think of how beautiful they look. As i look outside my window, i see nothing but lights. But something is missing. Where's the magic that comes with them? This year, all i feel when i look at them is nauseated. Nauseated because they remind me of how superficial the world is ("my lights are brighter than your lights..."). Nauseated because Christmas carols have been replaced with sales pitches. Nauseated because i'm a part of a system that i loathe so much.

every year the lights get brighter yet they grow dimmer...

today's top 5: christmas wishlist 2004
  1. I want to be able to find the motivation to do what i've always wanted to and the willpower to do the things i don't.
  2. To hear the jingles of bells instead of the jingles of shops.
  3. To find myself with a nice girl (in both senses of the word 'nice') under mistletoe.
  4. Food, drink and good company.
  5. To get through a week without having a bitch fight with my family.

2 Comments:

  • Oh lonely little Alan. *hugs* I was never aware that there was only two kinds of nice.

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 23, 2004 7:49 PM  

  • I think everyone's worrying about things they really don't have to. Like when Clover Moore didn't decorate the CBD and everyone ripped on her. It's not like you need a big Christmas tree to celebrate Christmas. I think she could rub it into everyone's face by donating all the decoration money to charity.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 23, 2004 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home