.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination - n. the art of keeping up with yesterday

Or in my case, keeping up with the last several months worth of yesterdays. It's bound to happen when you only attend every second lecture on your timetable. There's a philosophy exam tomorrow that I'm not nearly prepared for. All I have to do is remember a few catch phrases and important names now and then go and write four essays in two hours tomorrow. How hard could it possibly be?

Then there's the multiple choice psychology exam. The strategy for that: if I don't know the answer, I'll be guessing it's 'c'. No point in varying the guesses because statistically, they're all equally likle to be (in)correct. I haven't really put a hell of a lot of effort into studying for this either.

So what have I been doing while everybody else is studying and panicking? Watching anime, listening to music and playing Puzzle Bubble. Some may call it procrastination. I disagree with this because procrastination would require me to have an intent to study at some stage. Some call it laziness and others call it academic apathy. I prefer to call it 'psychological preparation'. I don't believe that people perform at their best when under pressure so I'm taking the bohemian approach. So what if I don't know the answers? Everybody else will be so panicked and stressed they won't remember either. And on top of that, I'll have the advantage of being awake because I haven't been sleep deprived by the aforementioned stress and panic. Let's face it, short of some freak somnambulant coincidence, there is no way anybody is going to write essays in their sleep.

Welcome to Alan's school of exam preparation. Please leave your textbooks at the door.

9 Comments:

  • Ahem. And you consider yourself a procrastinator?

    By Blogger Samantha, at June 20, 2006 7:47 PM  

  • No, I consider myself a procrastinator/hyperactivist crossbreed. Hence, I have long periods of inactivity broken up by short bursts of uber productivity. These productive outbursts just never coincide with exam time.

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 20, 2006 9:58 PM  

  • its called karma dickhead. sif make jokes at socceroos expense :P
    but i know exactly how you feel. havent started my american hist study for thurs and whenever i try to study psyc i just laff at mutliple choice and get distracted by WC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2006 2:25 AM  

  • LOL I agree that some (most?) people don't work well under pressure (*raises hand*), but hey, unless you're an Alan who remembers everything he learns in lectures... you gotta study haha.

    By Blogger εïз (c h i l l y), at June 21, 2006 4:26 PM  

  • That's the way! My pastry exam in TAFE was an insult. An hour was allocated for the theory paper. I finished the thing in less than ten minutes and got 100%. And I didn't study.

    Those silly TAFE kids didn't know what hit them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2006 5:19 PM  

  • Wouldn't I have to attend the lectures to remember what happened in them? And that TAFE test must have been a joke gone sour.

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 21, 2006 7:35 PM  

  • ahhh phil was bad. i mean the test itself wasnt that bad but im so over it. NO MORE, ever. EFF you, KANT.

    a lot of people can't work until the last minute. there's always something better to do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2006 10:18 PM  

  • I thought the philosphy exam paper was almost fun.

    By Blogger Yuki, at June 22, 2006 3:38 PM  

  • You people should try an information systems exam...now thats fun..........................

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 27, 2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home