.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Welcome back...

Once again, i walk through the all too familiar school gates. Which aren't really all that familiar anymore due to all the construction work that's been going on for the last 6 weeks. Now according to my deputy principal, the construction will be completed by the end of this week. Looking at the main quad, I have plenty of reason to doubt this. Anyway, dodgy construction and lying admin aside, the start to school has so far been relatively uneventful but picking up speed very quickly. Retract what i just said about the uneventful. I had to spend last night completing about 6 weeks of physics work because i was just too damn lazy to do it during the holiday. Managed to chop it all up (albeit a bit dubiously) in about 3 hours.

I've also just received my new timetable which looks damn sweet. Because i now have to study jap through open high school, the number of free periods i have has just tripled in number to 9 a fortnight. The best part is, a large proportion of these are at the start of the day or the end meaning i can sleep in and go home early ^^. The downside to my timetable is that i now have the same teacher for all 4 untis of maths that i do which makes up 1/3 of my timetabled classes. I have no qualms with the teacher at all right now but i'm sure that i will get very sick of hearing her voice very quickly.

Also realised that the original plan i had for my english extension 2 major work will have to be dropped because i can't find a substantial non-cliched storyline to show that modern society is a dystopia. Instead, my new plan (which my teachers are not recommending) is to write a collection of haiku (5-7-5), bushku (3-5-3) and tanka (5-7-5-7-7) (all japanese poetry styles) on the topic that everyday moments can be special. Yes, it's a damn huge turn around from 'the world is f*cked' to 'the world is f*cking wonderful'. Call it a form of male PMS if you wish.

Final point of discussion, teh new year resolutions i wrote about a few posts ago. I've decided to scrap those as well and run my entire year based on the carpe diem philosophy. Seize the day. Even thoguh i'm sure this will inevitably result in me partaking in some very stupid activities, antics and shenanigans.

It's gonna be a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home