.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Friday, December 24, 2004

Wishing you a merry x-mas and a crappy new year...

If i had a horse, i would go riding through the city calling out "the holidays are here! the holidays are here!". And as i do, parents everywhere will groan as though i am one of the four horsemen, come to hreald the arrival of the apocalypse. Yes, it's that time of year again where everyone goes crazy. No work for six weeks (for most people anyway) and a whole lot of time to bum around. Besides all the alcoholic binges and traffic accidents, there has to be something else that strikes a chord. Something that tells us that it really is the silly season besides me being dragged down the street by a horse. Does anybody know what it is? No. Does anybody care? No. Will everyone spend the next 12 months paying off credit cards? You bet you ass!

Something that definitely does not signify the end of the year is the pile of stuff i have to do during my 'holidays'. This list includes: read 'the shipping news' for ext. 1 english, read 'wild swans' for adv. english, list of stuff my physics teacher gave me, two units of japanese worksheets, write atleast the first half of my ext. 2 english major (about 3000 words), revise that parabola/locus/parametrics shite for maths. And that's just the list of school related stuff. Stuff i want to do of my own accord include: go cycling with friends, go to the beach, watch a few movies, read 'enduring love' by ian mcewen, read 'the da vici code', read 'waiting for godot' by samuel beckett (which i've heard is impossible), get piss drunk on NYE, go to a few parties, pick up tennis again, plus a whole heap of other stuff.

The yule tide season must also be a time to reflect upon the year that has passed because i find myself thinking way too much about the complete disaster that was 2004.
Reflecting on the year that has passed, i that i have achieved very little. The resolutions for 2004 were as follows:
  • put some effort into my school work
  • find something useful to do with my spare time
  • go out with friends more

Of the three, i can say that i have not accomplished any of them unless sleeping counts as practical time expenditure.

I am hoping 2005 will be more productive, more fun and more successful because i've got my HSC and my apathetic attitude will definitely have to go. In 2005, my resolutions are:

  • Work more and play harder
  • Do things for other people without thought of self gratification
  • Get a girlfriend!
  • Get a UAI higher than 99.7 so i can go study law at U. Syd.
  • Be nice to my brother (this will require more effort thanh getting a 99.7 UAI)

I know it'll be damn hard to do all that and still remain breathing, but i'm sure that 2005 will be the best year of my life because that's what i intend on making it.

Anyway, going to melbourne in a few days so i might not be posting for a while. Missing you guys heaps already...

2 Comments:

  • Hey another University of Sydney Law fag!! Is it 99.7 this year?

    L.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 30, 2004 1:32 PM  

  • Waiting for Godot isn't impossible! It's one of the best plays, for me.

    And I hope you didn't make a resolution. Those things are nigh-on impossible to keep. Let alone remember.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 03, 2005 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home