.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let us do battle...

in 5-7-5! My wake,
you will be left in!

Another ELIOT (English Loving Insanity On Tuesday), another day of utter literary related madness, culminating in the Writer's Society Haiku Slam. It was a rather entertaining affair as most people chose to completely ignore the thematic rules of haiku and opted, instead, to compose senryu (which beloved Writer's Soc. president Libby declared to be a haiku anyway). I varied my contributions to the night, with a couple of attempts at proper haiku and a couple of senryu:

After winter's death
the grizzly bear awakens,
drinks from melted spring

that smell... old cheddar?
or perhaps mouldy gouda?
Or is it my feet?

pursing my chaffed lips,
holding my breath, waiting for
a kiss not coming

in life, the only
certainty is change, except
from vending machines.

Congratulations to the winner of the evening (I believe it was Tim).

I may have fallen,
but when next we do battle
I will conquer all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home