.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Why do I disturb the universe?

It's been a while, hasn't it? I have no excuse other than a bit of apathy and having nothing of real interest to say. I've simply been floating around in my own world again searching for something. But in a rather interesting change of perspective, I know the answer. I just wish I knew what the question was.

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherised upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question …
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

Once again, I question whether it is worth the madness and sleepness nights. Perhaps I should just accept the answer for what it is and not create questions to which I have no answer. But is it not human nature to question things? It is why we are never truly ignorant and why we will never be truly happy.

In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home