.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It looks so much worse on film...

I went rock climbing the other day with some friends for Michael's birthday. At the centre there is a particular climb that involves climbing onto a platform about 8 metres above the ground and jumping to grab onto a trapeze handle about 2 metres away. Needless to say, my first attempt failed rather spectacularly, resulting in a full 360 degree backflip in mid-air. So I tried again, with similar, if somewhat less spectacular, results. Why try again? Well, for starters, the first attempt wasn't caught on video. I assure you, if it had been, there is no way in hell I would have gotten back up there.

The whole thing is so much scarier on video than it is dangling upside down in mid-air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home