.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy 118th Eliot!

If TS Eliot were alive today (besides being really pissed off that we buried him alive), he'd be celebrating his 118th birthday. Anyway, today was a good a day as any to celebrate my own birthday which was three days ago. Thanks heaps to Stephen, Jasmine, Tracy, Libby, Ansel and James (in the order in which I met them) for coming out to the city and making today so much fun.

Of course, as with any outing that I 'organise', people turn up late. Note to self: make a list of tardy friends and tell them to arrive an hour earlier than everyone else. That way, everybody arrives at the same time and everybody is happy. Anyway, while waiting for Ansel and James to show up, the rest of us browsed Market City. I was eventually forced by Jasmine and Libby into trying on polos from Cotton On which they then bought me as a birthday present. *hugs* Thanks so much! (I love the pink bag too but don't tell anyone).

Ansel rocked up an hour later and James arrived soon after with a cake. Not just any cake either. Blackforest cake with funky chocolate decorations. I'd hug you if you weren't a guy so maybe I'll take it easy on you the next time we play tennis =P. Yum cha was surprisingly painless. No crazy waiters who confuse forks with chilli sauce. Actually, our waiter was quite nice and even asked whose birthday it was when he saw the cake so he could say 'happy birthday'. =D. Naturally, seven people and one cake don't quite add up and we ended up having about a third of a cake leftover. Libby, being the totally prepared person that she was, whipped out her notepad and wrote a note addressed to the waiters about the leftover cake.

"We don't have any cash, please accept 1/3 of a cake and our collective love.

Just kidding! We couldn't finish it, feel free to do the honours. Thanks for lunch!"

The plan was to go to a karaoke bar after lunch but seeing as how we only had seven people (six after Libby left) and that most of them weren't particularly keen on the idea, we ended up going to Star City. Jasmine, Ansel, Tracy and I signed up for the star rewards card thingos. $10 of free credit to waste on poker machines! Hooray! Over all, a pretty successful venture with all of us walking out with some money in our pockets. And Tracy, who I shall refer to from this point forth as Lucky Tracy, won $100 without even knowing it until James said "Holy shit! You won a hundred bucks!". She ended up sharing the luck and shouting us all ice cream from Passion Flower. Love you heaps, Tracy! *hugs*

All in all, a lovely day! Thanks again to everybody for making it a great day!

10 Comments:

  • Forgot to mention this earlier but James seemed to have this fixation on taking me to a gay bar today and kept singing that song by the Electric Six. Baka ne?

    By Blogger Yuki, at September 26, 2006 7:54 PM  

  • I haven't read this for ages! Oh gosh.

    One again, have 19th to you and 118th to Eliot.

    Good to know that you guys didn't have too much fun without me. Or rather, only got lucky once I left.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2006 9:20 PM  

  • I'm glad you had such a wonderful day, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it... May you happily spend the rest of your days and ways, not finding ways to spit out the butt-ends of the cigarettes that you shaln't ever touch! Yay!

    By Blogger Samantha, at September 26, 2006 9:55 PM  

  • Happy birthday, Alan!!
    Next time I see you at uni you're having a drink at Manning, or Hermann's if you're feeling classy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2006 10:14 PM  

  • I wish I won that hundred bucks...:'(
    I only won $6!

    Anyways, happy b'day again Alan glad to see you had a good day. Next year, I'm getting you snakes on a plane for your b'day :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2006 10:57 PM  

  • Thanks for all the well-wishing folks! I'll take you up on that offer, Megan. Maybe being drunk will make that damn English tutorial more interesting.

    By Blogger Yuki, at September 27, 2006 12:40 PM  

  • lol... you forgot about the cute lil dancers on the wharf ..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 27, 2006 5:13 PM  

  • Let's not go there...

    By Blogger Yuki, at September 27, 2006 5:59 PM  

  • You could have told me that your birthday was on the same day as my party!! I would have gotten you a god awful amount of drunk :) Celebrating teenage style...
    Hope you had a good one and live for many more birthdays...theres so much left in the world to criticise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2006 4:23 PM  

  • Indeed there is a whole lot more to criticise. My goal in life is to live long enough to experience it all first hand and bitch about it all in detail.

    By Blogger Yuki, at October 01, 2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home