.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<<~ wakarimasen! ~>>

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mind Games: the art of passing exams without studying

First of my end of semester exams tomorrow and I'm in a rather alarming state of calm (as always). Even more so than usual. Why? Because I actually attended almost all of my lectures this semester (started slacking off a bit in the last fortnight but I attribute that entirely to assignment related sleep deprivation). In addition to this (nearly) perfect attendence (which is rather disgusting in hindsight), I've also made a vast improvement to my studying habits. Rather than having a skim of an entire semester's worth of work an hour before the exam begins, I managed to read over the lecture notes properly... a whole DAY before the exam. Okay, I'll admit, it's still not ideal but it's definitely an improvement. Who knows, maybe next semester I'll actually get some studying done during stuvac. I'll probably skim the notes the hour before the exam anyway (in desperately optimistic hope that some of the information will stick) because that's just what I do. And of course, there'll be the customary sudoku, crossword, etc. in the last couple of minutes before the exam because it calms the nerves and I also find that it makes the people around me very edgy.

My other exams are Engl1015 (Inventing Modernity) on Saturday (YES, F*CKING SATURDAY!) and Psyc2012 (Statistics and Research Methods in Psychology) on Monday, after which I will be free to start on my Scriptfrenzy entry. 20, 000 words in 5 days? (or rather 10,000 words since I've buddied up with Samantha on this). Piece of cake.

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Neuman, "What? Me worry?".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home